- Mark sent his thanks.......
- Pictures are starting to come in
- Lettter of thanks to Mets organization from Joe
- A little perspective from Mark
- Al sent this
- More old photos have arrived
- Important details for the events of this coming we...
- More old photos
- Another old photo
- Black Jack Gum
- Oh, those fifties
- Calling all Glen Oaks Players from the fifties
- Little League Facts
- Glen Oak Little Leaguer continue to maintain The O...
- Known to all as The Oval
- History of Glen Oaks Little League
- Look at this link for everything you ever wanted t...
- Locating Glen Oaks, the community
- ▼ June (20)
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Oh, those fifties
Here's a photo of the 1957 Eagles. Most of the players can be identified. From right to left as follows:
Mr. Sperling, coach, Harold Costello, Bobby Tabita, Steve Karpin, Sam Sperling, Johnny Cronin, Peter Zwerling
Bobby Raben, unknown, Mr. Bob Raben, unknown, Steve Padnick
Johnny Crawford, younger Raben brother, ? Mcay.
And here's a photo from a newspaper article. The article is so yellow and fragile, but the caption reads:
"Glen Oaks Little Leaguers Feted" Peter Zwerling, 12, of 80-19 254th Street, Glen Oaks, receives the championship trophy for his team, the Glen Oaks All-Stars, from Assemblyman Louis Wallach of Little Neck, the guest speaker, as Louis Cagan pictured from left, vice-president of the Glen Oaks Little League and Murray Cohen of Glen Oaks, league president, look on at the dinner held at the New Hyde Park Inn, Hyde Park."